Ultra 10 success -- except for Gnome...

I've installed the official Debian 3.0r0 install on a recently-acquired Sun
Ultra 10. It seems to work well: X is working, I was able to build some
software packages -- but I have found one little problem: I can only get KDE
as a desktop manager.

I'm not a Linux newbie; my other Linux systems run Slackware and Mandrake on
Intel hardware, and to set a Gnome session I modify the .xinitrc file int
the home directory. I can't find that file on the Sun/Debian system, and for
the life of me can't figure out how to change from KDE to Gnome.

It's probably something obvious; please be gentle! ;)

Scott Robert Ladd
Coyote Gulch Productions,  http://www.coyotegulch.com
No ads -- just very free (and somewhat unusual) code.