Re: woody on ultra 10 with elite3D

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 10:58:32AM -0500, Diego Guerrero Jimenez wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have an ultra 10 with an elite3D, i'm using xfree 4.1.0.1, kernel 2.4.18 with
> dri support for a creator3D card, and the sunffb driver.
>
> I could run xfree, but it is so slow, i had to deactivate dri in the
> xfree86config-4 to could run, how could i activate that?

Install the afbinit package, and then locate the proprietary firmware.
Just follow the instructions in /usr/doc/afbinit/README.Debian. You can
usually locate a copy of the firmware by searching for "afb.ucode" at
google.

I use an Elite3D with my U30, and it works fairly well when the
microcode is loaded.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/