RE: Booting Installation on SunBlade

limit-ecache-size reduces the accessible cache size from 8Mb to 4MB on
enterprise systems. That was implemented to work around a bug in Solaris 2.6
when the 8MB CPUs (X2580A) came out. Solaris kernel was panicing during
CDROM boot with a "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" error. the workaround was to
issue the limit-ecache-size command, boot from CDROM and install a kernel
patch to boot regularly from disk.

Blade100 is far below that cache size, that could be one reason why the
command is not implemented.

The "Fast Data Access MMU Miss" is a rather common error, all I can say
since I do not know linux very well is don't stop there...

Raoul Volpe
Phone (877) 44 SOL EX (Toll Free)
Phone +001 407 396-1341  (outside US)
Fax  +001 586 816 7086