IPX & Happymeal & 2.2.17

I've just moved a happymeal card over from my SS5 (where it was working)
to my IPX to try and create a multihomed box to solve some problems I'm
having with routing...

The IPX can see the card however I'm getting messages spewing to console
where the happymeal seems to be asking for fries, a transceiver and a
coke.... Can't find anything online relating to this, other than the
message in the kernel source....

I'm using the RJ45 port on the card, or at least I'm trying to, so I
shouldn't need a transceiver.... Any ideas?

Thanks

James Ireson
jireson@weeble.oooarrr.cx