Re: rebooting problem

Joseph,

I am not sure what exactly is going wrong, but this is correct for most
other distros, and I bumped my head against it for a while too.

I got the kernel-package deb and used the make-kpkg command to build my
own kernels successfully.  Here's the basics:

apt-get install kernel-package
cd to kernel source
make xconfig
make-kpkg clean
make-kpkg kernel_image

This will create a kernel deb file in ../ and you can use dpkg to
install it.  For the i386 version, there is also a make-kpkg
modules_image that returns nothing for me on an Ultra, but when I
install the new kernel, all of my modules are there.

Good luck

Matt