compiling

Hi All

I am trying to compile software upon debian potato sparc.

I install the base installation from floppy and the use tasksel to add the c and c++ for compiling.

When I try to compile  binutils I get the error

ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
configure: error: libtool configure failed
Configure in /opt/tmp/source/bin-build/opcodes failed, exiting.
root@firewall:/opt/tmp/source/bin-build> ls

what am I doing wrong.

I also get checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking host system type... : missing argument
Try ` --help' for more information.

checking target system type... sparc-unknown-linux-gnu
checking build system type... : missing argument
Try ` --help' for more information.

Hope someone knows whats wrong

regards

Joseph