Booting off CD's - serial FAQ...

I know this must be an FAQ, but I cannot find it....

I am trying to boot the new 2.2r6 cds on a Sun Blade 100 [all previous
installations have been over the net] using a serial console.

[1] no matter which SILO boot option I pick I have not been
able to see anything beyond

Remapping the kernel... done.
Booting Linux...

[2] I cannot boot the scsi or ide kernels from the SILO prompt
with any arguments (such as console=/dev/ttyS0) because the first
character causes an auto boot of either 's' or 'i' ... even
if I select the 'o' option first.

3 - Manually envoking it from the 'ok' prompt doesn't work either.

Boot device: disk:a  File and args:
SunOS Release 5.8 Version Generic_108528-11 64-bit
Copyright 1983-2001 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All rights reserved.
configuring IPv4 interfaces: eri0.
starting DHCP on primary interface eri0 [BREAK]
Type  'go' to resume
ok boot cdrom scsi serial=/dev/ttyS0

or

ok boot cdrom ide console=/dev/ttyS0

4 - Of course I love the fact that I need to power cycle every time
because the break key is ignored and there is no reset button.

Bob