Re: Need Sparc CDs ASAP

On Saturday 27 April 2002 01:36 am, Paul 'Baloo' Johnson wrote:

> Give this a shot:
> http://www.linuxiso.org/download.php/253/binary-sparc-1.iso
> http://www.linuxiso.org/download.php/253/binary-sparc-2.iso
> http://www.linuxiso.org/download.php/253/binary-sparc-3.iso
>
> All those point you to a random mirror that carries each image.

I got the .iso download thing cornered.  I used wget and
wget -c.  I found multiple mirrors at linuxiso.org.  Whenever I stalled at
one mirror, I would cntl-C and resume at another.  I eventually bounced back
and forth between two sites and finished the job.  I think one could automate
the process using Expect and some timers.

Alternating the sites was valuable. Simply restarting the download at the
same site that stalled resulted in another stalled download.

Using the links shown above you may not need to bang in several different
mirror
sites because the website does it for you.  I haven't fully tested if this
works reliably.

Thanks everyone.

Mike Mueller