Re: Xfree86 4.0

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 07:57:02AM +1000, david howe wrote:
> Apologies for the long quotes :)
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Keep the sparc mailing list in the Cc. Answering your questions and
helping with your problems does me little good if I end up having to
help someone else with the same problem next week. Leaving it on the
list means it will be archives for others to search.

> Ben Collins wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 01:40:32AM +1000, david howe wrote:
> > > Does this work on a sparc ultra5?
> > >
> > > I have not been able to get X running, the older potato version of X ran
> > > ok but the woody version is giving me grief.
> >
> > Works fine for me. What exactly is the problem you are having? You have
> > installed xserver-xfree86 and configured for Mach64 (ati) correct?
>
> I have found my onboard ati chip is found using lspci
> "01:02.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc 3D Rage Pro
> 215GP (rev 5c)"

Send me the XFree86.log in /var/log/

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/