Re: linux-2.4.19-pre6 on sun4m SMP running woody

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 01:22:30PM +0200, chj wrote:
> I have tested the linux-2.4.19-pre6 (+ a makefile patch) on my sun4m (SS20)
> SMP sunning debian woody for a while now. I am only aware of the swapon
> seg fault problem but I suspect more...
>
> What stress tests should I do to verify any failures?

hmm, problems compiling gcc-3.1...

Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 23:04:57 -0700 (PDT)
To: c.christian.joensson@telia.com
Cc: gcc-bugs@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: libbackend/dependence.o compare failure in gcc-3.1 on
 sparc-linux
From: "David S. Miller" <davem@redhat.com>

   From: Christian Jönsson <c.christian.joensson@telia.com>
   Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:50:04 +0200

   On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 10:20:06PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
   > Sparc kernel corrupting memory of gcc processes.
   > This is a Linux sparc32 kernel bug, not a gcc bug.

   Thanks for clearing this out. Off topic here, but if there is anything
   I can do about it please let me know? I am just testing a 2.4.19-pre6
   kernel but could go back to 2.2.20...

There is no sparc32 kernel maintainer, I used to do it but I no longer
have the time nor the patience.  I have no idea the state of any of
the current kernel trees on this platform.  Your best bet is to take
this to the sparc Linux mailing lists where more knowledgable people
in this area are.