Re: Trouble setting up Telnet access

Well, I believe the Debian way would be as follows:

I recommend removing any changes you made to inetd.conf and if
/etc/hosts.allow had no active entries when you began, return it to this
state.

(as root)
1. get the telnet daemon "apt-get install telnetd"
2. activate it with "update-inetd --enable telnet"

Note - you may want to search for and read about ssl telnet which is more
secure, or even better ssh.

Hope this helps!

- -Matt

P.S. regarding the in.xxxx format of many daemons - I always thought it
just meant "in" like incomming... but in fact I really have no idea,
anyone?