Re: boot-floppies 3.0.21 for testing

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 04:58:11PM -0500, Dave Baker wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 01:50:56PM -0800, Joshua Uziel wrote:
> > * Dave Baker <dave@dsb3.com> [020314 13:42]:
> > > The sun4u kernel-config is missing CONFIG_ROOT_NFS and CONFIG_NFSD_TCP,
> > > both of which are present in sun4cdm.  I believe this omission causes a
> > > network install to be impossible on a sun4u machine (though if I'm
> > > mistaken I'd be very happy to hear what I'm doing wrong).
> >
> > Well, it'll break an NFS install, sure... but a network install works
> > fine.  I did one on an AX1105 just a little while ago (UltraSPARC-IIe).
> >

> I chose my words poorly.  My machines generally don't have floppy or cdrom
> installed, so my network install is network (bootp, tftp, nfs) from start
> to end.

Why both with nfs when the tftpboot.img has all you need? Just required
tftp+rarp.

As for the nfs options, I'll get them fixed in the next kernel upload.

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '