Re: 2.1 -> 2.2 issues on a SS1?

On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 02:48:56PM +0100, Robert Waldner wrote:

> Hi!
>
> After much fiddling around I got the SS1 to boot.
>
> Though only because I finally gave in and tried with the tftp-image
>  from slink (Debian 2.1).
>
> Is it possible that the newer images don't fit into the 16 MB RAM the
>  box has?

Oh, it surely does fit. I've no idea what problem you are having other
than the usual sun4c issues that no ones been able to pin down yet (I
don't have a working sun4c).

> Is anyone aware of any pitfalls I might encounter when trying to
>  upgrade to recent potato (when slink is done installing, which will
>  probably take well into tomorrow)?

Read the potato upgrade docs. They explain how to best go about the
upgrade from potato to slink (should be in potato/main/upgrade or
something).

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '