Re: Harddisc formating

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:47:12AM +0100, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> yesterday I tried to repartition and format my 40GB Harddisc but
> for partitions >2GB it says:
> 'File size limit exceeded'
>
> I tried with a Sun Disklabel, with Dos Label, logged in via ssh, made su -
> logged in as root, tried ext2 and ext3, - still same error.
>
> I have a UltraSparc10 with debian/sid 2.4.17 running. Is this a kernel
> related 'feature', because the disc was running with a 40GB partition on
> ext3 before yesterday.

I've no idea why you are getting this. At home, I have a 36gig ext3
partition (Ultra30). For Debian's archive server (Ultra60) we have a
~250gig ext2 partition.

Exactly how are you trying to do this? What program are you using?

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '