Re: IPX net boot freezes at Booting Linux...

From: Dave Baker <dave@dsb3.com>

> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 08:45:49PM -0700, Mark Zimmerman wrote:
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I'm trying to boot a sparc IPX off of the network. The stuff on the
> > server side seems to be OK since the RARP works and the kernel gets
> > downloaded. Then, it freezes. Here is how it looks on a serial
> > console: (Tried actual console too, no difference)
> >

> I had the same problem recently with a SS2.  My workaround was this:
>
> 1) set up /etc/ethers /etc/hosts and /etc/bootparams as if I were to do a
> normal network boot.

This is a little off topic.

I like the debian style network boot better than the sun "normal"
network boot (need bootparams and nfs for a root directory).
NetBSD can't even do the the Ben Collins/Debian style single
rarp/tftpboot boot.

> 2) copy the linux-a.out into /tftpboot/XXXXXXX.SUN4C
>
> 3) untar the root.tar.gz into a NFS exported directory
>
> 4) get to the ok prompt, and adjust this command to your environment
>    .51 is the address for the IPX, .50 is the address of the NFS server
>
> ok boot net ip=192.168.1.51 root=/dev/nfs
>               nfsroot=192.168.1.50:/exports/debian-sparc-root

What are other options for "boot net <options>"?

How can I find out?

Chris