Hi,

a few hints might be in order here:

> I edited /etc/ethers add:
> 08:00:20:aa:bb:cc sparc

looks ok.

> I edit /etc/hosts add:
> 192.168.1.10 sparc

looks ok.

> I got tftpboot.img for sun4cdm and put it in /tftpboot
> I made a symlic link by:
> ln -s tftpboot.img C0A8010A.SUN4C

looks ok.

>[sparcroot]
> Do I need this root file??

probably, unless you want to install directly from the internet (for which
you would probably need a different tftp-image). But I am by no means a
debian expert.

> I edit /etc/fstab, goto the end and add:
> /tftpboot/sparcroot /  nfs default 0 0

Looks dubious to me. Firstly:

Where did you make that change? That should be in
/tftpboot/sparcroot/etc/fstab, NOT the fstab of your nfs server. Secondly
you left out the server address. Should be

192.168.1.1:/tftpboot/sparcroot /  nfs default 0 0

or whatever the ip address of your nfs server is.

> I add a statement to /etc/exports
> /tftpboot/sparcroot     sparc(rw, no_root_squash)

looks ok.

> I created a symblic link by
> cd /tftpboot
> ln -s sparcroot 192.168.1.10

I can't see what that is good for. The "ln -s tftpboot.img C0A8010A.SUN4C"
is the symbolic link you needed.

> ok boot net serial

I cannot see how this boot should know where to get its nfsroot from. Try to
append

nfsroot=192.168.1.1:/tftpboot/sparcroot

(with the real ip address of your nfs server) and

console=ttyS0

instead of "serial" (real experts: correct me here, please)

> Booting Linux...

Hmm, but it seems that it did at least load a kernel which did not really
boot - or which did not understand that the console is serial. Please try
again with the above changes and report again;-)

Ingo