Re: debian / solaris

The error is pretty common, and doesn't necessarily mean the compiler is a
cross-compiler.  Most configure scripts will build a small program and run it to
test your compiler.  If it builds but won't run, it'll tell you you have a
cross-compiler.  In many cases it's because of things like missing libraries,
from using other build utilities that don't work with the compiler, or because
of some sort of system error.

James A Morrison wrote:

>  When I first got my Ultra 5 and was using software from sunfreeware I
> also had configure scripts indicate that gcc was a cross compiler.  After
> talking to the maintainer of sunfreeware, he concluded I must have been
> missing some development libraries from sun because gcc from sunfreeware
> is not a cross-compiler.  I don't know any more of this problem, I
> promptly switched to GNU/Linux when I had the chance.
>
> James Morrison
>
> --

*----*

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) listed above
as the intended recipient(s), and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL.  If you are not an intended recipient,
you may not read, copy, or distribute this message or any attachment.
If you received this communication in error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail and then delete all copies of this message and any attachments.

In addition you should be aware that ordinary (unencrypted) e-mail sent
through the Internet is not secure. Do not send confidential or sensitive
information, such as social security numbers, account numbers, personal
identification numbers and passwords, to us via ordinary (unencrypted)
e-mail.