Re: debian / solaris

Laurent CHARLES wrote:
> > ftp://marcus.seva.net/pub/debian/debian-solaris-sparc/
> Yes. Thanks for the link. I'll have a look.
> It seems rather old though (1998), and not maintained any more.

Right but there still might be interesting patches

> I didn't find the minimal bootstrap stuff in "regular" source
> package (.tar.gz or .tar.bz2)

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/potato/main/source/base/dpkg_1.6.15.tar.gz
To bootstrap other systems once dpkg is compiled, you can
create a solaris package of dpkg with "pkgmk(1)".

Just try to compile it, I've seen since I tried some post in
the dpkg mailing list some mail about changes to ease the
compilation on other unix.
(I had some trouble with vnsprintf but I had SunOS 5.5.1 and
dpkg 1.4 ... things have changed since).

And let us know...