Re: NFS kernel daemon: nfsdnfssvc: Invalid argument

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Graham Williams wrote:

> I've just "apt-get dist-upgrade" a SS2. I'm running unstable and when
> then nfs-kernel-server was being upgraded it gave the message:
>
> Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdnfssvc: Invalid argument mountd.
>
> Until now NFS has been working just fine. I'm running kernel 2.2.19.
> (NFS is now not working - remote hosts can not access this host.)

I saw a note on this in Chip Salzenberg's changelog for nfs-common. It
looks as if you'll need to update the tcpwrappers service name:

  * Warn users about "rpc.mountd" -> "mountd" in /etc/hosts.{allow,deny}.

-- Paul Heinlein <paul.l.heinlein@home.com>