Router Task in dselect?

In the ongoing quest for silly questions, is anyone building a task package that would give you all you need for your computer to become a router, nothing less, and more importantly, nothing more?

Perhaps I misunderstand the meaning of all this, so let me elaborate. I'm thinking that the linuxrouter project is a cool idea, but I really like debian, so here I am, wondering if I can make a debian distribution that boots off a floppy or cd, that can turn a spare x86 into a router. I suppose there would need to be the ability to install modules for ethernet adapter(s), some firewall functionality, perhaps a roaring penguin pppoe as well.

As I said, this is all in the ongoing quest for silly questions.

I envisage a world where I can stick a floppy or cd into any PC, turn it into a firewall/router and walk away. If it breaks you press the reset button.
--
()/)/)()	..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?		..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---	..Morse for Onno..