Re: Asante EN/SC SCSI ethernet

    >> > The PC532 port of NetBSD has a driver for this device, or at

    >> > least one like it.  Not exactly on target, but if you are up
    >> to > doing it yourself, that will show you generally how to do
    >> > it. I looked through the NetBSD port, it seems there is a
    >> driver for a

    >> HappyMeal SCSI/ethernet device, but not the Asante.

    > No...I said the PC532 port.  The support there is for the
    > Cabletron SCSI to ethernet device and details can be found at
    > http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/pc532/faq.html#cabletron-ethernet.
    > Still not the Asante, but it should have most of the SCSI to
    > Ethernet info one would need. FWIW...HappyMeal (sic) is an SBus
    > card.

Sorry, I understand now.  I suppose in theory someone could write the
driver for the Asante adapter with reference to this Cabletron driver
for the NetBSD PC532 port, but I don't think that someone is me.

    >> Any other reasonable options for a second ethernet port on a
    >> Sparc 5?

    > There are SBus slots in a SS5, and lots of SBus Ethernet cards
    > that fit them.

This is what I'm going to do.  I found a used one on EBay.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,
Kelsey

--