Re: Asante EN/SC SCSI ethernet

Kelsey Jordahl writes:

Ken Seefried writes:

    > The PC532 port of NetBSD has a driver for this device, or at
    > least one like it.  Not exactly on target, but if you are up to
    > doing it yourself, that will show you generally how to do
> it.
I looked through the NetBSD port, it seems there is a driver for a
HappyMeal SCSI/ethernet device, but not the Asante.

No...I said the PC532 port. The support there is for the Cabletron SCSI to ethernet device and details can be found at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/pc532/faq.html#cabletron-ethernet. Still not the Asante, but it should have most of the SCSI to Ethernet info one would need. FWIW...HappyMeal (sic) is an SBus card.

The Sparc 5 has both an RJ45 jack and an AUI port for ethernet.  Can
they both be used independently?

No.

Any other reasonable options for a second ethernet port on a Sparc 5?

There are SBus slots in a SS5, and lots of SBus Ethernet cards that fit them. Ken