Re: Install problem on a Sparc 2

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 10:52:53AM -0500, John Turnbull wrote:
> Gee, I am considering the merits of becoming frustrated. . .
>
> I have very carefully created the disk partitions sda1 /boot, sda2 swap,
> sda3 whole disk and sda4 /. with a new Sun disklable. I do the install,
> either attempting to fix the damaged link or leaving it alone. in either
> case, the creation of the boot floppy fails and rebooting fails.

``Rebooting fails'' how?  You may need to set the prom to boot a
particular partition.  Beware that if you have several disks, the first
prom disk isn't necessarily the first linux disk.

Search the deb-sparc archives for messages from me, and you'll see dis-
cussion about that particular topic.

						- chad

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>  | Policeman: You're playing God!
unix bruhjo, shutterbug, bookworm    | Dr. Hfuhruhurr: *Somebody* has to!