Re: SS10 not booting off internal hard drive

Mandi! zbir@baymountain.com
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Boot device: /iommu/sbus/espdma@f,400000/esp@f,800000/sd@3,0 File and
> args:
> Illegal Instruction

Same problem me, some time ago: I've also SS10, with two disk.

After fiddling with some parameters, one day i've tried with "boot
disk1'' at prom prompt instead of default boot disk.

AFAI understood, my SS10 was configured to boot from second disk, so
the message.

In any case try all the:

	boot disk<n>

at prom prompt, and then save the value in prom memory. ;)

PS: a little question for you, please: try to compile 2.4.2 and boot
it, 2.4.0 wont't compile and 2.4.1 won't boot, and now my SS10 are done
some really needed services and i cannot break it.

--
dott. ing. Marco Gaiarin			gaio(at)sv.lnf.it
La Nostra Famiglia - Polo FVG			root @ CED