Does LPRng 3.7.4-2 work for you?

G'day people with 64 bit computers (perhaps),

I am the Debian maintainer for LPRng.  This package had a severe problem
in version 3.7.4-1 where lpd would immediately die on startup.  A fix
was kindly provided by an alpha user and I uploaded 3.7.4-2

But I've heard scattered reports of lpd crashing on alphas or sparcs.
I'm not sure exactly what version they're running to know if this fix
has fixed things or there is another nasty lurking there.

If you run LPRng and are using 3.7.4-2 then could you drop me a line and
say "yeah it's working" and just a few words about the config. I don't
need the printcap, just something like are the clients (where you print)
are local or remote and are the printers connected to parallel port or
networked printers.

Thanks for your help, and for the alpha people; yes I will get my
PC164SX going one day.. blame aussie memory prices.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small VK2XLZ  GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/        <csmall@eye-net.com.au>