Re: gcc working on sparc?

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 06:38:40PM +0000, Mike Moran wrote:

> This seems something of a chore, but I guess I'll have to do it. How
> often do such misalignments occur when using apt-get update/upgrade
> primarily for security updates? I would have thought it would make sense
> to place related updates on the server in one go, no?

Well if you got this from security.debian.org, then it seems to me that
they have the libc6 package and not the libc6-dev package to go along
with it. I understand their reasoning (the security fix is in libc6, not
the -dev package), but it appears to be breaking things, such as your
case. I suggest adding the proposed-updates repo to the sources.list
aswell. IIRC, this should do it (or some variation):

deb  http://http.us.debian.org/debian proposed-updates/