Re: install on sparc with integrated video and serial console (Was: stuff)

On Fri, Jan 26, 2001 at 05:32:44PM -0500, Doug Alcorn wrote:

> I'm pretty sure there is no keyboard plugged in.  When I go through
> the openboot sequence on the console it reports that there is no
> keyboard.

I can definitely vouch that Potato is installable over a serial
interface -- I've done it on a Sparc2 (with a video card
installed). At least it was during the freeze, which was the last time
I tested that particular feature. No problems along those lines. I
assume the openprom settings are set to have the console on ttya or
ttyb instead of the regular console?

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu