broken root floppy?

Has anyone tried the root.bin floppy image latley?  It didn't dd right to
about 5 disks, and at least 2 or 3 of them were good disks that were able
to use the rescue.bin image and boot, so I'm pretty sure they were
working.  Also, the image is an odd size, 1166KB, most of the images are
1440KB.  Am I just having bad luck with disks, or is the image bad (tried
from both ftp.us.debian.org and a couple mirror sites, a couple differnt
versions too)  Every one gave me     cmp: EOF on root.bin after running
cmp root.bin /dev/fd0 after trying to dd it do the floppy.
Thanks,
Mike