Re: error upgrading libc6-dev on sparc

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> > > Well a SIGBUS is not a problem in the package, it is either dpkg, or
> > > your computer's fault. Possibly libc6's fault, but I doubt it.
> > >
> > > Can you two provide me more info on your systems? libc6 version, kernel
> > > version, CPU type (sun4m, sun4u, sun4c, etc...). Are these Debian
> > > compiled kernels, or self-compiled?
> >
> > dpkg 1.8.1.2
> > libc6 2.2-8 (error came when trying to upgrading to 2.2-10)
> > kernel 2.4.0-test11 (self compiled, plain release, no extra patches)
> > Machine is an SS5 (sun4m)
>
> You're getting Unimplemented syscalls on a 2.4.0-test11 kernel!?! Or is
> it just a SIGBUS? If it's a SIGBUS, then I blame the kernel, since I
> know for sure that 2.4.0-test11 was not entirely stable on sparc32,
> especially if it was a stock source (and not from vger CVS).

I've never seen any Unimplemented syscalls, no. dpkg got a Bus error,
that's all I know.

I could try compiling a new kernel, and see if it helps. Which one do
you suggest? Is the vger anonymous CVS open again? If so, what's the
CVSROOT now? Or would the newly released 2.4.0 be enough.

Greetings,

Tomas