/dev/sunmouse

Matt Herzog writes:
 > Is there some reason why /dev/sunmouse is a link
 > to /dev/mouse? Why does that seem wrong?

Recently, I have installed potato on a sparc and run into this
problem:

/dev/sunmouse is a symlink to /dev/mouse but /dev/mouse doesn't exist !

I have to make /dev/sunmouse by hand using mknod.

I have thought that the "/dev/sunmouse" problem have been fixed long
ago, when potato was released as stable. But it was not, even after 2
revisions !

Fortunately, I have some experience with potato (having ran into this
problem already), but a newbie will be clueless and cannot figure
out why X doesn't work !

--
PHAM Dinh Tuan                         | e-mail: Dinh-Tuan.Pham@imag.fr
Laboratoire de Modelisation et Calcul  | Tel: +33 4 76 51 44 23