Mozilla 0.9.5-5 and java vm?

I stumbled upon a problem just now. I am trying to view a web page and there's a java thingy in there. Mozilla warns me about "Default Plugin" with the following message:

"This page contains information of a type (application/x-java-vm) that can only be viewed with the appropriate Plug-in.

Click OK to download Plugin."

and then if I click OK I get to "Netscape Java 2 Plug-in Download Page" offering me to download and install Java 2 Plug-in Version 1.3 for Linux as they kindly say.

Now, I don't install this plugin before someone (here?) tells me to or not. So, any hints?

TIA,

/ChJ