Re: SunBlade 100 install problems

osk@gd2.swissptt.ch (Chris Osicki) wrote in message news:<[🔎] 200112041551.QAA10740@gd2l41.swissptt.ch>...
> Hi,
>
> I unsuccessfully tried to network install Debian on a SunBlade 100.
> The machine gets the tftpboot.img fine, then I see on the screen:
>
> -----------------------------
> 288400 TILO
> Selecting sun4u kernel...
> -
> Remapping the kernel... done.
> Booting Linux...
>
> and it locks. Hard.
> I use image from:
> http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/sun4u/

I was having a similar problem with the sun4cdm tftpboot.img. When I
used linux-a.out to boot, and used an NFS-mounted root, it books and
enters the Debian install without any problems (though you may need to
expicitly tell it to use NFS; boot net root=/dev/nfs
ip=my-ip:nfs-server works for me on my IPX).

-lee