Re: [Xpert]Re: [Re: Screen blanking/DPMS with Sun Ultra1]

On 3 Dec 2001, Eric wrote:

> I have no CG6 to test, but perhaps give this a try:
>
>     write 0xFF to offset 0x280008 in the CG6 register space
>     I would guess (0x00 to the same location to unblank)
>
>     for BW2, offset into regs may be 0x200001
>
> This is what I glean from an obscure Solaris header file
> included in the OS distribution, as I am working on a related
> driver.  Please let me know if this works for you so that I
> can tailor my driver appropriately.

Eric,
  Thanks for the pointer.  My particular case (not the original post)
is the same problem with a Creator3D (driver=sunffb).  Would you have
an idea what it's offset might be?

  Or, if the obscure header is part of the Solaris distribution, I
have it and must have missed it while trying to go through the Solaris
headers looking for likely names or strings.  Could you tell me what
it is?

By the way, in case I wasn't clear, with the Creator, XFree86  can do
Blank/Unblank using 'xscreensaver' (and XF86 3.x
'xset' can force blanking using XSun24). What doesn't work is
'xset s blank' with sunffb & XF86 4.x.y.

What doesn't work is any sort of DPMS power management, even though
Solaris knows how (so it is possible).

Regards,
Ferris

--