Re: mozilla RPM installation woes

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 09:32:33PM -0800, Jonathan Leybovich wrote:
> Hi All;
>
> Wondering if anyone has been successful so far
> installing the latest Mozilla builds on Debian/Sparc .
>  I've downloaded Sparc RPMS for versions 0.9.6-0.9 of
> Mozilla, and everytime I try using alien to convert
> the *.rpm into a *.deb, RPM complains that Mozilla has
> been packaged using a version of itself > 3 .  Running
> the `file` command confirms that my Mozilla download
> has been packaged using RPM4, and I've noticed that
> even all the i386 builds of Mozilla in the RedHat6.x
> directory seem to use RPM4.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can install Mozilla without: a)
> compiling it on my own, b) running the Solaris version
> in emulation, or c) possibly destroying my system by
> compiling & then installing the latest version of
> libc6 so that I can install a RPM4 *.deb ?  I'm eager
> to move from my PC to my Ultra1 and this Mozilla
> problem is the only thing stopping me.  Thanks in
> advance for any help.

You do realize that we have mozilla 0.9.6 already available for Debian,
from Debian, in .deb format and for sparc?

Add this to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://nonus.debian.org/debian-non-US sid/non-US main

Install mozilla-browser

Ben

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \