Woody on NetraX1 (finally)

I finally got my NetraX1 up and going; found a few bugs in the install
images. I will research them and put them into the bug database unless
someone tells me otherwise (or has a more technical way of explaining them):

a) First off, the confusing thing for a lot of Netra X1 owners will be that
when linux sets up the ethernet devices eth0 is NET-1, and eth1 is NET-0. I
think this is just an issue with how Linux detects the driver, but as long
as you tell the installer to use eth1, or have both hooked up to the network
you should be fine.

b) It appears the 10mb/HDX problem is still in there, I couldn't get it
working from a 10/100-FDX auto-sensing switch, but using an interim 10mb/HDX
hub the install went fine. Perhaps we should mention to the linux tulip
maintainers to force 10/HDX for the Davicom 9102A.

c) I was installing over the net and using the first serial port as the
console (since the NetraX1s are headless with no option of adding a
framebuffer). The installer doesn't appear to detect this and properly set
/etc/inittab for this, you must either change inittab to setup a serial
console, or change /dev/tty1 to be a symlink to /dev/console. I did notice
that there was a message in /etc/inittab saying that the installer should
have done this. Do the bootdisks properly detect on other archs?

But, with the exception of these caveats the install went fine. I'll keep
everybody up to date as how it runs and if any packages give any trouble.

--
Steve Moret
smoret@genocide.net