Re: HELP 2.4 booting on a serial console (resend)

In article <[🔎] 011b01c172ac$9b91ce90$74295787@FR0016LTLECROAR> you write:
>Ok,
>
>I go for 2.2.20, but still can't
>
>2) - get raid stuff work, at least with 2.2.20 kernel shipped with potato
>Debian distrib (when I'll come to have stock 2.2.20 run , I may try :)

 Right - I've just been talking to the linux-raid people about raid on
sparc (if you search for my name on their archive then it'll come up),
the conclusion being that:

 a) raid in the stock 2.2.X kernels won't work on sparc
 b) there are patches to make it (probably) work, but they haven't
    been heavily tested.
 c) patched 2.2.X raid systems won't be forwards compatible with 2.4.X
 d) 2.4.X raid stuff should work.

 Jonathan.