Re: strange ssh problem with dns...

:-> "Pierfrancesco" == Pierfrancesco Caci <ik5pvx@penny.ik5pvx.ampr.org> writes:

:-> "Ben" == Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:
    >> I just tried this on my Ultra10, and I don't see the message (same
    >> versions of programs you have, except I have a newer libc6).

    > I'll try an apt-get dselect-upgrade on monday...

I wish to close this issue.... I've upgraded yesterday and it seems to
work correctly. No need to disable ipv6 or recompile the kernel. An
apt-get dselect-upgrade cured the problem (*)

Thanks

Pf

(*) but it broke fetchmail :-( ...had to manually downgrade to
fetchmail_5.9.3-1, but this is another story.

 Pierfrancesco Caci | ik5pvx | mailto:p.caci@tin.it  -  http://gusp.dyndns.org
  Firenze - Italia  | Office for the Complication of Otherwise Simple Affairs
     Linux penny 2.4.7 #1 Thu Jul 26 14:48:56 CEST 2001 i686 unknown