Re: 1st time installation on a Sun Sparc Ultra 10...

Gordon, before we get much further into your problem it might be
important to answer Ben's question below first. Can you give as much
information as possible on the CD you're using?

Did you burn the CD yourself?
Where did CD image come from?

et al.

In my experience, installing Debian on Ultra 10's is fairly trivial so
it makes sense that we check out where / how your CD came to be.