Re: debian / solaris

It isn't Debian, but we at Rutgers have a considerable amount of free
software packaged in RPMs for Solaris.  We also have bootstrap scripts and
APT-RPM for initial and ongoing package management.

Check out  oss.rutgers.edu/rpm_tools.html  and  rpm.rutgers.edu

The RPMS are all freely availble but i'm not sure if you will be able to
bootstrap without having access to our server.  In the worst case, you can
setup your own bootstrap server.

Austin Murphy
Student Systems Programmer
Rutgers University