Re: NFS kernel daemon: nfsdnfssvc: Invalid argument

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Graham Williams wrote:

> Starting NFS kernel daemon: nfsdnfssvc: Invalid argument
>  mountd.
>
> Until now NFS has been working just fine.  I'm running kernel 2.2.19.
> (NFS is now not working - remote hosts can not access this host.)
>
> Any ideas?
No ideas but you are not allone.  I had a working NFS kernel daemon with
2.4.8 kernel.  After upgrading to 2.4.9 without any change in kernel NFS
related configuration it failed with the same error message as in your
case.  I had several issues also on i386 which seemed to be solved now
after rearranging order of export dirs in my /etc/exports.  This really
annoys me that the order of dirs and subdir in /etc/exports is relevant
because I see no reason.

Perhaps this might help in your case, but for me it doesn´t help because
I did not change anything.

Kind regards

       Andreas, who hopes that there will be a time when all NFS problems will
                be solved ...