Re: Possibly O.T. but need help

"qetcms" <qetcms@qetcms.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> the os (Unix we think) is passworded and we have no idea what either the
> user name or password is.

You can try hitting Stop-A, and then telling the system to boot by typing
in `boot s' (or maybe it's `boot -s', I forget).  This should hopefully
bring the system up in single-user mode.  You might be able to get in
without a password (it depends on how the system is configured).

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:mhicks@csom.umn.edu]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management