Re: Possibly O.T. but need help

The closest thing you'll find to a BIOS can be found by hitting Stop-A (use
"Stop" like a shift or control key) after the machine starts up.

Where you go with this thing depends on what you want to do with it.  At the
very least you'll probably need to reinstall an OS on it -- since you're on the
list I'm thinking Debian might not be a bad choice, and checking out the install
instructions at the Debian site would probably be a good place to start.