Installation Questions

Hi, thanks for the explanation. Can I ask another 2 questions,

1)
Is this the same for /target ??

I installed from floppies last night and it all worked (apart from the fact
it wouldn't do it from CD hence the floppies), however
	a) I couldn't make the hard disk bootable
	b) I couldn't make a boot disk (tried multiple times with multiple
disks).

I hopped into a shell (in RAM or on floppy I pressume)  while in the install
only to find that all my mount points (/, /usr, /var, /home, /boot) are all
in a directory called target, ie. /target/, /target/usr, /target/var etc.
Is this supposed to happen? or is this just because I was in the shell, ie
if I'd been able to boot normally, I'd have seen /, /usr, /home as per other
Linux installations.

2)
Why wouldn't my hard disk have been bootable ?
During the partitioning stage I made one of the partitions bootable but I
can't remember which one hence it probably wasn't the /boot.
How many of the partitions need to be bootable, ie /boot or /boot + / or
/boot + / + /usr etc.
If it is just the /boot that needs to be bootable, should the following
config work ?

	sda1	20Mb		/boot	*(bootable partition)
	sda2	800Mb		/
	sda3	512Mb		<swap>
	sdb1	800Mb		/usr
	sdb2	500Mb		/var
	sdc1	400Mb		/home
(I've got 2 1.3Gb and one 400Mb drives & numbers are approximate)

Thanks in advance

  Damian Del Campo,  B.Eng (Comp Sys - Hons)
  Software Engineer,  SAGRN Project
  Phone  	08 8401 7037	(Flinders St)
  Fax      	08 8231 1385
  E-mail  	Damian.DelCampo@team.telstra.com