Re: Sun Hardware Replacement

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Del Campo, Damian wrote:

> I was given a Sun Sparc 2 that our office had lying around.
> I got all prepared to install Debian Linux and have found that the CDRom is
> missing the drive caddy, hence I can't use it.

If you've got access to a network (at work? at home?), it's easier to net-boot
the machine (with tftp) rather than hassling with CDs. There's information about
it on the  debian site (on the Sparc port page) if I remember correctly. Hell,
my Sparcstation LX doesn't even _have_ a CDROM drive.

bye

--
Ian Tester   *8)#          \7\    LINUX: because geeks will find a way