Re: Sun blade 100

[ Following up on an old message ]

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> If it has a Mach64 card, use this in /etc/apt/sources.list, and install
> the xserver-xfree86 package:
>
> deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/sparc/
>
> As noted on this list the past few days, you'll have to change the
> keyboard settings in the resulting /etc/XF86Config-4 to this:
>
> 	XkbRules   sun
> 	XkbModel   type5
> 	XkbLayout  us

Well, after installing Branden's 4.1 packages, and using the ATI
driver, we managed to get XFree to boot.  The only problem is that
using the above settings, the keymap wasn't right.  All the keys were
shifted left; a was s, d was f, etc.  This is where we are currently
stuck.

One minor problem we ran into was that there was no device by which to
access a USB mouse; we ended up recompiling the kernel with devfs
support, and then /dev/input/mice showed up.  Is there any reason the
standard 2.4.7-sun4u images don't have devfs support?