Re: Sun blade 100

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 07:38:36PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> "Nathalie MESSERLI" <nmesserli@bluewin.ch> writes:
>
> > I've just received my brand new Sun Blade 100 and I wanted to know
> > if I could run debian-sparc on it.
>
> Yep.  One of my friends runs Debian on his.  I'm not sure if XFree
> groks the video card yet; last I heard, that was in the works.

If it has a Mach64 card, use this in /etc/apt/sources.list, and install
the xserver-xfree86 package:

deb http://people.debian.org/%7Ebranden/ woody/sparc/

As noted on this list the past few days, you'll have to change the
keyboard settings in the resulting /etc/XF86Config-4 to this:

	XkbRules   sun
	XkbModel   type5
	XkbLayout  us