Re: netscape 476 pkgs for sparc?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:46:53PM +0100, Howard Glynn wrote:
> How can I install netscape-476, or more accurately, i
> suppose, where do i point apt sources at to pick it up?
> My sources.list is as per install with...
>
> deb ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb-src ftp://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
> deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> I can see lots of netscape 476 support pkgs on my 2.2r3
> cd's and i can see the same at the ftp mirror but
> i keep getting complaints about dependancies on
> netscape-base-476 and communicator-base-476.
>
> No amount of searching via google would turn these up.
>
> I have got mozilla m18 working but i am much more
> comfortable in 476 and need https, which i don't think
> mozilla has right now

Well, as far as I remember from the last time this came up, netscape
versions for Sparc Linux only went up 4.5.  And it was supposed to be
available at ftp://ftp.netscape.com/pub/communicator/english/4.5/unix/unsupported/linux20_sparc_glibc2/complete_install/.

Check the list archives for details.

As for mozilla, new versions are available in unstable and testing now
(though I think they're still in non-US). I would suggest trying a new
version of mozilla, (though you might have to upgrade to testing
to do it). Newer versions support https and a lot of other stuff that
wasn't in M18.

--
Jim Crumley                  |
crumley@fields.space.umn.edu |