Re: printing on a ss4 ?

* On 12-07-01 at 16:06 Jean-Paul Blaquiere (japester@ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au) wrote:
+----Here quoted text begins----+
[...]
> more a question for debian-users.... but still.
> parallel support is the same if not better in 2.4 :)
> make sure that you have parallel support compiled in your kernel (or as a
> module).  or, use a serial printer ;)
[...]
+----and here the quote ends----+
Are you sure there actually IS an parallel printer support on Sparcstation 4 on
linux?? I am verry sorry, but except for  the bpp module, I found completely
nothing in sparc kernel config, and there is not even /dev/lp* on the machine
(I can create one with mknod though).

If there is support for parallel port (an equivalent of lp module on x86
architectures please tell me which one it is so I can enable it), the
configuration of printcap itself is not the issue.

THX in advance!

Bostjan
--
Boštjan Müller [NEONATUS], neonatus@neonatus.net, http://neonatus.net/~neonatus