Re: Netra X1 boot getting closer

Adam McKenna writes:
 > On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:20:01PM +0100, Richard Mortimer wrote:
 > > As for getting things to work on a Netra-X1 I have am able to get to
 > > full multiuser mode (Suse-7.1) but have no network so that makes it
 > > quite difficult to do things at present. I've still got a few issues
 > > with the realtime clock (it always seems to report year as 2000) but
 > > the network is my main priority at the moment.
 >
 > How did you get past that "initial console" error message?

I just give the boot options

console=ttya

and everything comes up ok

I also had to edit /etc/inittab to take away the mingetty's on tty1 to
tty6 and enable the following line

S0:123:respawn:/sbin/agetty -L 9600 ttyS0

In addition to that I had to add ttyS0 to /etc/securetty so that I
could login as root on the console.