swap / ufs / font

Hi, three questions arisen from my first attempt to install a Debian
system on an E-250:

1. There is a SunOS 5.7 installed. Is it safe to share the swap
partition between Debian and SunOS? i.e. Should I format that partition
as "Linux swap" during the install process? (Ultralinux FAQ says YES,
but I'd calm if someone confirms!)

2. How reliable is at present the Linux kernel UFS read/write support?
Can I share the "/export/home - /home" partition? (again, Ultralinux FAQ
states there's no problem, but I've seen several warnings elsewhere)

3. Too big letters in the text screens of Debian install! Many cannot be
read easily. Is there any way of reducing console font size?

Thank you very much in advance.

carlos

PS:

If it can help, my partition table is like this:

Part. Label      Size (GB)
----- -----      ---------
  0    root        0.5
  1    swap        2
  2    backup     16
  3    unassigned  0
  4    unassigned  0
  5    unassigned  2
  6    usr         2
  7    home       10

My idea is to install Debian / in slice 5, and use SunOS swap and home
if possible. Else, I'd split the 2 GB of slice 5 among slices 3, 4 and 5
(for Debian /, swap and /home). Any suggestion will be highly
appreciated :-)
Many thanks again.